Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I'm Back

Well I would say it's good to be back but I left the cool temps of Tennessee to the cold single digits of Minnesota.  I just finished a nearly 3000 mile trip with John, Rana and their fur kids to Southern Alabama, Northern Alabama and the Great Smokey Mountains of Tennessee.  John is still compiling the actual numbers for fuel, miles driven and such but is very pleased with my performance the entire trip!  I was a little concerned towing in the mountains but John didn't push me too hard going uphill in order to save fuel and coasting downhill was not like the "runaway freight train" I imagined it would be.

The 60 gallon aux fuel tank John installed this past summer worked quite well; maybe too well.  Because my passengers can only ride for two to three hours at a time John decided that installing the aux tank pump switch in my cab was not necessary.  So he mounted it in the tool box section of the aux tank.  The idea was that as the driver or passengers were taking a break at a rest stop the switch would be turned on to refuel my main tank.  Problem is the pump does take some time (roughly 30 minutes) to fill my main tank from empty.  If either John or Rana forget about the fuel transfer or take too long to get back; well you get a diesel spill.  (Thanks to Wisconsin DOT for your help!)

One more before I go, the MorRyde pinbox that John installed on the camper is great!  The shaking and jerking motion that is caused by the bad roads is almost gone.  I'm not getting chucked around and my passengers are not having internal organs damaged.

I'll have John post the pictures he took on this trip for you to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment